Martin Luther King Jr. Art Contest Winners Announced
Sioux City, Iowa – The Sioux City Community School District is pleased to announce the winners of this year’s Martin Luther King Jr. Art Contest.
The annual contest encourages students in the District to recognize the contributions of Martin Luther King Jr. by creating artwork symbolic of the year’s theme, “Amplifying Voices for Racial Solidarity and Equity.”
- First Place: Jaquelina Jose, Fourth Grade, Leeds Elementary School
- Second Place: Adriel Ruiz, Fifth Grade, Sunnyside Elementary School
- Third Place: Gracie Goodrich, Fifth Grade, Spalding Park Environmental Sciences Elementary School
- First Place: Camryn Andersen, Seventh Grade; Sienna Brown, Seventh Grade; Avery Combs, Seventh Grade; Olivia DeWolf, Seventh Grade; Brynnlee Getchell, Sixth Grade; Brayden Hoffman, Seventh Grade; Rashaad Jeffries, Seventh Grade; Peyton Jepsen, Seventh Grade; Lydia Kuehl, Seventh Grade; Penelope Machuca, Seventh Grade; Isabella Madsen, Seventh Grade; Kallin Mendoza, Seventh Grade; Delaine Rath, Seventh Grade; Dayana Reyes-Damian, Seventh Grade; Aaliyah Romo, Seventh Grade; Ricky Saenghiran, Seventh Grade; Ashlynn Salter, Seventh Grade; and Kaylee Schwab, Seventh Grade – all from North Middle School
- Second Place: Elise Moreno, Eighth Grade, West Middle School
- Third Place: Yaneli Quinonez, Eighth Grade, West Middle School
- First Place: Elizabeth Jordan, Eleventh Grade, North High School
- Second Place: Emily Tran, Ninth Grade, North High School
- Third Place: Treyzel Chandler, Twelfth Grade, West High School
Award winners will be recognized at the annual Martin Luther King Jr. Day celebration held at Kingdom Ministries Church on Monday, January 17, 2021.